Bearings loose after replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearings loose after replacement

So I do the Capri brake swap on my festy a couple weeks ago. New rotors, bearings and seals. Went together good. Did not preload them just tightened my axle nut and called in a win. I decided to check them today and they feel like a minor loose rear wheel bearing. Anything that can fix this? I reused both spacers.
    Ford Fester

If they are loose with the axle nut tight then the spacer is too big or there was damage because the spacer was too small.

Comment

or the race wasn't seated completely. retorque the axle nuts to 135 and report back.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I tried the same thing ! Ended up removing and pressing then all was fine !
        New build on the way .

Comment

I know my races were seated completely, I retorqued today, they didn't turn at all. I guess I'll need thicker spacers.
          Ford Fester

Comment

Before giving up on tight pressed on bearings drive the car up and down the driveway to seat them. That should loosen them up and everything will be fine with the factory spacers.
            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

I've driven it 150+ miles
              Ford Fester

Comment

Working...
              X