Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick b3/b8 dizzy question

'93GL auto, stock

I vaguely remember discussion of using the B3 carb'd dizzy on a B8 SOHC when building a carb'd B8. What I'm wondering is if you can use a B8 EFI SOHC dizzy on a EFI B3. Dizzy I believe is dead on Green Car, not signalling the coil to fire (guess the pickup coil is toast). Coil swapped with known good one and still not getting fire out of it, despite having 12v to the coil. I thought I had a spare B3 dizzy but can't find it, anyone know if a B8 SOHC can be used on a B3. I know the bolt slots are completely different on the BP, but IIRC the B8 one is clocked similarly to the B3. I can probably find a B8 one at the yard tomorrow, but I know there are no festiva ones there, only one Aspire, and I KNOW those won't work lol. If anyone knows or has tried this let me know, I hate to goto the yard on Memorial Day cause it'll be slammed with people off of work, but I need to get this thing back on the road.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Just looked up the parts for the two differnt cars and they look physically the same. Enough so that I can probably even get a B8 one and open it and swap the pickups if I absolutely have to. So I will probably go get one tomorrow, still would like to know if anyone has succesfully used a B8 one on a B3 though. Thanks!
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

pm me your address ill send you one . Well tuesday .
      New build on the way .

Comment

I used my b3 dizzy on my b8. I still use my b3 cap and rotor and coil on my bp
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
          I used my b3 dizzy on my b8. I still use my b3 cap and rotor and coil on my bp
          That's why your stuff is so slow^
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Thanks for the offer Shadetree, I appreciate it! Thats why this place rocks!

Turns out I don't need one after all. I finally found my good spare and swapped that in with no change. I was on the right track though, just happened to be that the reason the ICM wasn't getting its signal to fire the coil was because of a batch of corroded ground wires that I knocked loose while taking off the bumper to do the AC. They were in rough shape anyway, and getting bonked around finally did one of them in. Car is back running, just need to make sure I install a fresh dizzy O-ring ASAP, since both of them (on spare and the one in the car) came off in pieces lol.

Glad I got it squared away!
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
            X