Timing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing question

Ok guys got the head gasket on runs but how the heck do u see the timing mark ??? Where is it on the inside crank pulley ? I saw it says 9-11 degrees no issues there and what plug do i ground ? I saw that also mentioned on the mitchel on demand i got

Is it the white plug ?? Im kinda lost as to which one i ground ?

Comment

It's the only single one. The mark on the pulley needs to be highlighted with some whiteout. With the cam marks at 12 and 3 the pulley notch should be lined up with the 0 on the scale. Stick a piece of tape on the flat part of the pulley and rotate it till it's where you can see the notch. Highlight it. I filed the notch a little bigger on mine. I also filed a V at the right spot on the plastic scale. The pulley and cover were off when I did it.

Comment

Believe there are two single wire connectors.
        One will ground out the computer and permit timing
        The other will shut down the engine if grounded.
        Sorry, don't know the wire color for the correct connector to ground.
        Maybe someone else here can look that up!
        Last edited by Pu241; 05-28-2012, 02:45 PM.
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

The other single one is by the coil. The right one is with the multi-pin connectors near the master cylinder booster.

Comment

Somebody take me a picture of the right plug to ground i dont wanna burn out my computer or anything stupid to happen thanks guys

Comment

Is this the plug to ground ? Lol

Comment

i thought there was a BLACK single pin connector as well.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by runner406 View Post
                  Somebody take me a picture of the right plug to ground i dont wanna burn out my computer or anything stupid to happen thanks guys
                  If you get the wrong one it's not going to kill your computer.
                  If the engine shuts down when you ground the connector, move to the next single connector.
                  '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                  '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                  '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                  Your holy ghost will not save you.
                  Your God plutonium will not save you.
                  In fact...
                  ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I only see the single white connector there thats why i want and need someone to snap a pic of what it looks like or tell me the wire color leading up to the mystry connector then i can try to locate it thanks

Comment

I can check on my car tomorrow in the daylight but until then my manual shows a pic of what your looking for. The one you want is with the other unplugged connectors. The wire is yellow/green.The one by itself and more to the driver's side is the RPM test connector. It will not destroy your computer if you ground this one but the car won't run. I think is does the same thing that the ign module does momentarily to make spark because it is on the same wire as the module. It is also yellow/green.

Comment

No need to worry about the timing the head is cracked im gonna pull the engine out and throw the head as far as i possibly can , p.o.s. and i am gonna toss another running engine in this thing over the summer ugh lol good thing its a second festy

Comment

Working...
                        X