oil light and no marker lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil light and no marker lights

OK guys I put a new wiring harness in my '93 GL. I now have the oil light on when you start the car. The car has plenty of oil in it. Just figure there is a sensor or something I don't have hooked up. There are a few things here and there that I don't have plugged in because I couldn't find them. I also don't have any marker lights coming on. Everything else seems to be working. Help steer me in the right direction guys.
    1993 Festiva GL The Besty Festy

Sensor is on block under intake manifold. Light won't work unless sensor wire is grounded. It might be dangling and touching ground somewhere.

Comment

I can reach down and feel where a connector is supposed to go but I don't see a wire that goes to it. What color am I looking for and where should it be running from?

Comment

OK so the yellow and red from my book shows that should go to the oil pressure switch and not the alternator. So is there anything that goes on that same type of connector that is on the alternator or is it just left with nothing on it?

Comment

I've also got a right front bumper turn signal not working. left side is working and right rear is working. i'm thinking maybe something with the relays but not sure. let me know what you guys think.
          Last edited by crusher773; 06-03-2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Switched the wire off the alt that fixed my oil pressure switch. Now if I can just get these corner lights and 1 TS figured out I'll be all done. Help me out guys I'd like to have this thing done today.

Comment

Ok for some reason I now have a right side corner light, still not bumper signal, no ls corner could be a bulb there, but now I have not headlights and I had them before.

Comment

I don't hear any of the relays on the drivers side clicking just the one on the passenger side. I have 3 relays plugged in on the passenger side. I also have a connector that is a green wire with a red stripe that is going to nothing it has a small clip on connector anyone know where it goes?

Comment

green/red is horn wire I believe. If yours is an L, it has the wiring for but didn't get the dual horn setup
                  Owner of:
                  1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                  In progress:
                  BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

I have headlights now left side is real dim could just be a bulb. seems odd that right side is lighting up except for the ts but ls is dim/not working. I've only got 2 relays on the left and the one on the right. I have 3 connectors all in bundle together that the relays all fit going to nothing on the left side as well. I will pick up bulbs for the marker and hl tomorrow to see if that helps those. still not sure on the rs ts the bulb in it looks fine and everything else on that side is working good now.
                    Last edited by crusher773; 06-03-2012, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
                      green/red is horn wire I believe. If yours is an L, it has the wiring for but didn't get the dual horn setup
                      that is kind of what i was wondering. its a GL but only has 1 horn and that was the same as the other side that went to the horn. I have been looking it seems that this harness has a few extras over the one that was in it. I'm getting close to getting it all back working.

Comment

Hello anyone home? Anybody have an idea on these lights or it just coincidence with bulbs?

Comment

Try swapping headlight bulbs left to right and see if the dimness follows the bulb?
                          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

So I got the ts problem fixed. The only issues I am having is the left side corner and headlight. I switched bulbs and its still dim even with the other bulb and the bright on the right side so its not the bulb. I also have switched the harness for the marker on both sides and tried several as I have 4 of them. They always work on the right but not on the left. The weird thing is the test light shows power the same on both sides. Even using a new bulb I'm not getting anything from it. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                            X