Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oil on engine bay,intecooler pipes and on sparkplugs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil on engine bay,intecooler pipes and on sparkplugs.

Hi all,

I replaced my turbo thinking I had bad seal on a vj14,changed to a vj14/t-bird hybrid.drove the car to work for around a week.everything looked good.
    went to the track and I have the same thing going on.I just replaced my valve cover gasket but look's like oil is going into the spark plug holes.I have oil on the first two cylinders starting from driver side.
    When I took the elbow off the stock vj14 the propeller on that side looked clean,if it were the oil seals there would have to be oil all over it.
    im not getting too much on the pipes,there is more on the cylinders.i guess its leaking way more under high boost.
    I will take it to get a compression and leak test soon....we are thinking head gasket,cracked cylinder or oil rings.
    06 vw Bora
    09 Nissan Versa
    fastest B6T is back!!!
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

It's an oil spout epidemic!

I'm popping my hood with dread and fear...I just washed my engine bay.
    '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by MEXTIVA View Post
      Hi all,

I replaced my turbo thinking I had bad seal on a vj14,changed to a vj14/t-bird hybrid.drove the car to work for around a week.everything looked good.
      went to the track and I have the same thing going on.I just replaced my valve cover gasket but look's like oil is going into the spark plug holes.I have oil on the first two cylinders starting from driver side.
      When I took the elbow off the stock vj14 the propeller on that side looked clean,if it were the oil seals there would have to be oil all over it.
      im not getting too much on the pipes,there is more on the cylinders.i guess its leaking way more under high boost.
      I will take it to get a compression and leak test soon....we are thinking head gasket,cracked cylinder or oil rings.
      Sounds like a Head Gasket? That isnt the worst news I guess.
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
        Sounds like a Head Gasket? That isnt the worst news I guess.
        my brother says its a hg.....i'll udate when I have an answer.
        06 vw Bora
        09 Nissan Versa
        fastest B6T is back!!!
        http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

Working...
        X