Firing Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firing Order

Ok another question. I have 2 Festiva's a 90 and a 93. The firing order on the 93 is set at 1342 The 90 was set at 1432. In searching all over the net it appears that some sahy it is 1432 but the majority say it is 1342. It seems to run correctly either way. Which s correct?

Richard

1342. VWs are 1432.

Comment

Its standing from drivers side cclock 1342
      I always run it clockwise 1243 i cant figure how 1432 even runs ?
      New build on the way .

Comment

In the 90 Ford Festiva shop manual, the firing order on page 23-02-6 says 1-3-4-2 reading counterclockwise.

In the 91 Ford Festiva shop manual, the firing order on page 03-07-6 says 1-3-4-2 reading counterclockwise.

In the 92 Ford Festiva shop manual, the firing order on page 03-07-6 says 1-3-4-2 reading counterclockwise.

The rotor rotates counterclockwise.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 06-06-2012, 08:24 PM.

Comment

From what I know on almost all 4 cylinder cars it is 1243... That is what is in my '88 Festiva. (Clockwise of course)
          "Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

In the 89 Ford Festiva shop manual, the firing order on page 23-02-8 says 1-3-4-2 reading counterclockwise.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              In the 89 Ford Festiva shop manual, the firing order on page 23-02-8 says 1-3-4-2 reading counterclockwise.

What don't they understand?????
              Chuck
              Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
              If money will fix it, it's not broken
              91 GL -Ol' Rusty
              93 GL - Lil Red
              91 L - Tweetystiva
              http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
              http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
                I know exactly how 1432 runs... badly. My first time changing wires on the aspire I made that mistake.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
                Last edited by link5186; 06-06-2012, 11:18 PM.
                91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                95 Grand Prix SE DD
                Wife's Stuff:
                89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
                  Horizontally-opposed engine.

Comment

(paperboy 23) 88 Festy Blue, aspire Engine/trans/efi swap,

Comment

Just for the record, the rotor runs counter clockwise ok, So the firing sequence is 1342.
                      For you knuckleheads that need to do the wiring backwards (clockwise), guess what...
                      1243 is 1342 when clocked backwards...
                      That little revelation also indicates, we'll never be able to get you to even remotely understand the concepts of "wasted spark" and "batch firing" either.
                      Last edited by iceracerdude; 06-07-2012, 06:32 AM.
                      97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                      CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                      Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by iceracerdude View Post
                        Just for the record, the rotor runs counter clockwise ok, So the firing sequence is 1342.
                        For you knuckleheads that need to do the wiring backwards (clockwise), guess what...
                        1243 is 1342 when clocked backwards...
                        That little revelation also indicates, we'll never be able to get you to even remotely understand the concepts of "wasted spark" and "batch firing" either.
                        Thanks for the clarification Matt
                        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

That one gets em fired up everytime !!! Haha knuckleheads .
                          New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by iceracerdude View Post
                            Speaking of that, I hate wasting sparks... thats why I'm collecting the parts for Toyota COPS on the Miata... lol

Though, aforementioned knuckleheads may also have trouble figuring out why I want COPS on my car lol.
                            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

What else do you need yet to complete that package, I get to the pick-n-pulls on a pretty regular basis and might be able to find what else you need. There's plenty of Yota's there. I'd be interested in seeing your design. Guy did a write up on one he did at the ZX2 forum a while back, and it was a pretty easy conversion...on that system.

Speaking of cops, did you know the "police" version of that word, came into being as a result of shortening this phrase: constable(s) on patrol
                              Last edited by iceracerdude; 06-08-2012, 08:00 AM.
                              97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                              CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                              Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Working...
                              X