bp- name that O-Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bp- name that O-Ring

I don't understand where this is supposed to fit, can someone enlighten me please..

There's also a oval shaped small gasket and I can't figure out where to put it, looks just like the one for the pickup tube, but it's got a slightly different sized hole in the middle. I only need one of those for the oil pickup tube???????

2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Is the o ring the one that goes on the water pipe that crosses on the front of the block behind the exhaust manifold.
    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

I'm actually cleaning that piece right now, I was wondering if it was supposed to come apart or not. Maybe its a typo on the box and its supposed to say water pump inlet tube? Im not really sure which way the water cycles through there..its the lower radiator hose so it would be comming from that right? I'm afraid to just pull the tube out..

I bet they sold me a kit for a sohc instead of dohc. The water pump inlet gasket isnt shaped right for the type of inlet, its circular instead of squared in the middle, it could be the thermostat gasket except for the fact the hole is a couple mm too small.
      Last edited by zoom zoom; 06-08-2012, 02:16 AM.
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

SOHC = DOHC they just used a common sized seal man. you can "port" it if you are concerned.
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
          I bet they sold me a kit for a sohc instead of dohc. The water pump inlet gasket isnt shaped right for the type of inlet, its circular instead of squared in the middle, it could be the thermostat gasket except for the fact the hole is a couple mm too small.
          That round hole gasket is the what the gasket makers put in the gasket set to match the rectangular hole opening. I never understood their logic. I always make my own (rectangular) gasket for the water pump. A little trick I learned in the service when making gaskets is to get yourself a small ball pein hammer. Lay the gasket material on the opening that you want to make a gasket to match and gently (using the pein end of the hammer) pound all the way aound the edges of the opening. The pein end of the hammer striking the gasket material against the corners of the openings of your part will cause the gasket material to be cut to a perfect fit.
          You gonna race that thing?
          http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

^ yea I just use a screwdriver to do that kinda stuff.

so what is the little o-ring for?
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

one came with my water pump too, not sure what its for!

Comment

haha.. yah, it's too big to be for the water pipe.
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Working...
                X