keeping fan running while key is turned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping fan running while key is turned

is there a way to ground out a sensor to keep the cooling fan running while the engine is on like i did in the past with another car model?

All you gotta do is un-plug the sensor on the T-stat housing, thats the fan switch

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Unground the switch. Just unplug the single wire flat blade connector on the side of the water neck

Edit: Chris beat me to it lol
      Last edited by htchbck; 06-12-2012, 04:54 PM.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

thanks all for your reply becatse in the 80s i warped a head because the fan would not kick on.

Comment

Why don't you get it working right? They're pretty dependable. Having it run all the time hurts mileage and probably throws off the stuff that determines injector timing.

Comment

like i said before i am trying to avoid an overheating froblem during the summer when in the past another car fan of mine fan would not turn on in heavy traffic and toasted the head gasket. i went to the junkyard today and saw another aspire there which was like mine and i could not see a sensor on the water neck iis it on the bottom of the thermostat housing?? i just cant see it on my 1995 ford aspire in comparrison to my wtwo festivas in the past.. i got some relays from the junkyard today for spares

Comment

He probably read what you said, just saying if your fan is working properly there is no need to having it running 100% of the time. It takes a lot of overheating to warp a head, and there should be none if the fan and switch is working properly. If you're really worried you should run a switch inside the cabin to override any relays or sensors and turn the fan on whenever you please, just not all the time.
                Hodginsa - Photography - Cars, people, everything.

Festy is For Sale...

Comment

i found out part of my answer on my car there is no switch on the water neck and the fan turns off and on by the pcm.

Comment

Originally posted by miami man View Post
                    i found out part of my answer on my car there is no switch on the water neck and the fan turns off and on by the pcm.
                    There is no function for the ecm to control the fan.

Comment

i meant pcm...sorry it was in the hanes manuel

Comment

Working...
                      X