Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Aspire owner!

hello all!

just picked up this 97 aspire 5 speed for $300 runs great shifts even better! though it needs a new windshield and a good cleaning inside. as it is now,only question i have is an airbag light that shows a code of 24. other sites show a few different choices(944b wire issue and sensors,to some safing crap to some other issue) if anyone can anser what the 24 code is for the 97 models,that would be great!..thx again and hope to see you in here more, paul

I can't answer your question, but it would be a huge help if you could add your location to your profile. If another problem arrises you might even have someone close by to help.
    Mike Holmgren
    Thief Rvr Fls, MN
    1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
    "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

ah yea..forgot about that stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Pudde View Post
        ah yea..forgot about that stuff
        No problem! Now hopefully somebody who knows about Aspires will answer your question!
        Mike Holmgren
        Thief Rvr Fls, MN
        1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
        "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

Paul, you stole it if you only paid 300 for it, great buy!!

ok as for the code 24: there is a sensor located inbetween the defrost vents at the front of the dash. that circuit needs to maintain a very strict voltage. if the ground for that sensor is dirty or the voltage feed line (green/red) is broken, it'll throw a code 24. you should REALLY purchace a Factory Service Manual (FSM) for something like this, you don't want to go blindly into any airbag system, they are deadly (especially the first gen systems).
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Unplug the battery for a while then check , unplug and plug airbag connectors at module.
            You may need a new module but cover basics first. After this have code cleared.
            If it comes right back it is a pretty fair chance you need the module.
            This is from memory, I can check factory info tomorrow. I was on 58 last sunday..
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

24 code is not covered in my Haynes manual.

Comment

Figured I'd move this to the repair section since its becoming a thread more suited there

Welcome to the site BTW

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

yea..need that manual for sure..lol and thx for moving it ill look into the sensor at the defrost area.

Comment

i dont have to current manual on the car yet..so need to know where the computer is for the airbag system , and how to clear the actual blinking airbag dash light/code.
                    thx again fior the help

Comment

mine shows a code 12

Comment

Working...
                      X