Water in headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in headlight

Pass-side headlight had almost an inch of water in it. Removed it and drilled a couple drain holes but where would it have come from?

Mine leaked from the seal around the glass. Fill it all around with whatever caulking I had at the time and it never happened again.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Happened to my mom's Sportage.
      We found that the seal was a bit bad and there were some slight cracks that could have also been the problem.
      "Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

Achilles tendon of 'sealed' headlights. Problem with Festy-like cars is that those lights are increasingly hard to come by used since everyone has had that problem somewhere along the way. Fordfestiva.com listed them new a few years back for about $125 each, which was relatively cheap compared to everyone else, but still you can't help but feeling 'hosed' when a replacement light fixture costs more than the entire car.
        The glass/metal interface is often the problem and you can remove the screw and spring-loaded pot and then clean the joint and reseal it with silicone or some such but that generally only seems to work for a few years.
        Easiest thing is to keep an eye out for good lamps (pretty rare these days) on Festy wrecks and buy them cheap and then squirrel them away for a rainy day. I have amassed a sack of them over the past 5 years and will continue to keep them until such time that there are no more Festys in my driveway. Immediate value and availability have very much to do with this weird habit of mine.
        But one thing nice about our old cars is at least they are glass-faced and not the fog and yellowing-prone junk plastic found on all the new cars.
        Good luck!

Comment

Junspeed sells them
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I am thinking of swapping in a set of 7 inch from a jeep tj..... I have a tj for parts and then a h4 7inch ebay kit to finish it off!! my festy has water in pass side and I just drilled a hole and it still looks good inside compared to my buddies who never drilled his and it rusted real bad and the light output sucks .

Comment

Working...
            X