Different Radio Wiring Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Radio Wiring Harness

Okay, so I picked up a wiring harness for my new radio I'm putting in, I got the car side of the harness in the junkyard so I could put my car back to stock. So I take out the radio thats in there currently, and I find an odd harness that I can't find any info on. Its a 9 pin harness, it looks stock and I can see further in that has the original festiva wire colours further back but I can't see which wire ties to which, so I figured maybe someone has encountered this harness and knows what colour ties to what wire.

This is the harness in question. 9 pin plug

and here is the stock festy harness I got from the yard.

Any thoughts?
    Hodginsa - Photography - Cars, people, everything.

Festy is For Sale...

Theres a conspiracy going on!

Festy is For Sale...

Comment

I guess no one has answers! I suppose I will do my part and report back with what the wires are!

Festy is For Sale...

Comment

radio

let a shop put a radio in for u. or get a stock festiva wire harness,from ebay
        Last edited by windy1; 06-15-2012, 08:37 PM. Reason: spell

Comment

I haven't owned a Festiva yet with the stock radio connectors still in tact lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Stereo sockets are overrated...I make it a point to chop the old sockets off and hardwire the radio. It makes it more fun if you don't use a cheat sheet, a.k.a. wiring diagram. Who cares if that ground goes to a different speaker!
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

I personally don't like hard wiring in a cd player, it makes it a PITA to change cd players later on, that's why I prefer getting the adapters

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

It looks like a generic unit for replacing cut up wiring... you can remove it and replace it with something called an aftermarket reverse stereo wiring harness. You'll want to ask for one from the 1988 RX7, because the plugs at the end are the same as the picture you posted of the Festiva plugs. Make sure you ask for the REVERSE harness. You should find some online if your local stereo shop has... ...Undereducated employees working there.

If nobody can give you wiring harness codes, I can, but it will take a few days.
                Last edited by DriverOne; 06-15-2012, 09:24 PM.
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I hate hard wiring too, I said I would update this thread, but I seem to forget what wires I did. I'm pretty sure that square plug is stock to some festys for whatever reason. So I did some double harness business just incase someone wants to put a stock radio in the future.

Square harness to stock festy harness.
                  This is what I remember it from the square harness.
                  Green and Purple = Front Left Pos. Neg.
                  White and Blue = Front Right Pos. Neg.
                  Orange/White = Aux
                  Green/Yellow = Constant 12V
                  Black = Ground
                  Red = ?
                  Yellow = ? Maybe illumination, I'm going to check now.

Stock festy adapter harness to new JVC plug.

New JVC deck, its awesome has no CD player, and is super light.
                  Last edited by hodginsa; 06-23-2012, 07:25 PM.

Festy is For Sale...

Comment

Originally posted by hodginsa View Post
                    New JVC deck, its awesome has no CD player, and is super light.
                    No need for a CD anymore... I see your stereo poking out a bit. Lemme guess, the support pillar is hitting your JVC wiring clip? It looks great though.

Oh, and check this out:

Discuss enhancing your Festiva or Aspire interior and exterior (including custom paint, bodywork, seats, etc)
                    Last edited by DriverOne; 06-26-2012, 01:14 AM.
                    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                    X