AC Compressor Interchangeability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Compressor Interchangeability

My girlfriends white '91 Auto Festiva has AC so I thought it would be nice to get running. I loaded the low pressure side with a shot of R134a and the fans started like they should. The compressor clutch doesn't click, nor does the compressor turn at all even by hand. I tried jumping the clutch lead directly to power but no go.

Anyone know if the same (or compatible) compressor is found on any other cars at the junkyard? I'm not sure if it's dealer, aftermarket, or factory installed. There are lines running around the air box and above the passenger side shock tower. Two relays near the battery and everything else is pretty well hidden.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

The GL I'm scrapping has AC...ill save the compressor for you?
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Awesome man

...and the receiver/dryer? Usually one kills the other.
      -Zack
      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

You should get a new dryer when you switch to 134a. Or when the system is opened up to air.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

If its opened up to air you should evacuate all the air and moisture out. Warranty on
          the compressor may require a drier to be installed. Changing to an incompatible
          oil would require a new drier. Debris from system failure would require a new drier
          but opening the system requires evacuation. But, if this is your occupation, your
          employer and the seminars your parts people provide will always teach replacing
          parts as this makes more money on the job. They also teach that 134 is better,
          but its not. It makes DuPont a lot of money, which they need to keep the guv
          in agreement with their monopoly. Crooks!!
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Bhazard instrested in getting rid of all other ac componets under hood ? Except radiator?
            89 festiva all of a mighty 1.3 Tha Black Bullet and good ole casper got casper when I was 15 and loved em ever since

Comment

The clutch and hose connections pretty much mean it has to be
              off the festy version of b blocks.
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
              X