Bp dead piston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bp dead piston?

Car its still running like crap I put the fuel regulator in and tuned it to where it needs to be, took it for a drive and still drives like crap! It sounds like a subaru, like its only got 3 cylinders! So I took the plugs out to inspect them and all seemed burned and whiteish except one. Cyl num 4 was black and seemed damp. Arty said it sounds like its fuel fouled. What should I do? Is it not getting spark our its this cyl running rich still? Any suggestions? Thanks
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Do a fuel pressure leakdown test:

KEY ON ENGINE OFF, check fuel pressure at the rail.

Wait 30 seconds with KEY OFF, check pressure again.

If its down significantly, you've got a leaky injector. Remove the suspect and pulse.it open with a 9vdc battery no more than 1 second open/close while spraying carb cleaner through it. Using tweezers or a very small needle pliers, remove the inlet screen before spraying.

Or you can verify the condition by swappig injectors and noting the change. If you don't want to clean it, just replace it.

Comment

How do I check the pressure at the rail? Take it off? this is the same injector that was leaking before now its not flowing lol (hopefully thats the issue). getting to the injectors and taking off the rail sucks
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Put new plugs in and see how it runs.
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
          How do I check the pressure at the rail? Take it off? this is the same injector that was leaking before now its not flowing lol (hopefully thats the issue). getting to the injectors and taking off the rail sucks
          There might be a schrader valve on the rail, if not and the fuel line is a banjo fitting, drill and tap the top of the banjo bolt and thread in a fuel pressure gauge, then leave it there.

Comment

Working...
          X