festiva trans in aspire??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• festiva trans in aspire??

Can anyone tell me if a 5 speed trans from a festiva will work in an aspire?
    thanks,
    carbonvmax
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't. Your gearing would be off though, the aspire uses a different final drive.
    OX SMASH!!

Comment

Just 5th gear is different? Do you turn more or less RPM's at 65 mph?
      thanks!!
      Paul
      carbonvmax
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's the final drive thats different, which would change all the gears.

Since the aspire is heavier, they upped the ratio, so with a festiva transmission you would be turning less revs at 60. You would also lose some acceleration.
        OX SMASH!!

Comment

Makes sense. I appreciate the info a whole lot!
          Paul

Comment

My place is not the FMS complaint department. I don't allow anti-FMS posts here. The owner is a friend of mine, and he out ranks any noob here.. don't like it? Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.. Your complaint post will be deleted and so will the others..
            DJ Hayek

Comment

I have a festiva tranny in my aspire, the cases are a little different and some of the bolt holes didn't line up. We took the internals out of the festiva tranny and put them in the aspire case.

Comment

Thanks!!! Ebay sale hinging on it.
                carbonvmax

Comment

Working...
                X