Engine removal write up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine removal write up?

Is there an engine swap write up anywhere on here. I am wanting to pull the motor out of my parts car and swap it into a friends car. I am looking for a list of tools needed and an approximate time frame on the swap. We will have to swap from efi to carb so a list of stuff to swap there would be nice also.

These cars can be taken apart with a good ratchet and all the even numbered metric sockets from 6-32. A breaker bar helps with some things, needle nose pliers are nice to have around too..and a couple good (read NOT craftsman) screwdrivers.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

need a 15 an 17mm also....lol
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Just pull the motor, not the trans if that's all you need. And pressure wash first. I had trouble with harness connectors. Had to enlist my son.

Comment

@ 2.5 hours for removal.And note there are 10 bolts through the Bell Housing.Not Nine but Ten bolts.Start by getting all your fluid's draining.Then start at the top & work down.I always remove the radiator so I dont damage it. The exhaust can sometimes cause a slow down.And a torch is your friend.Good luck
          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

step 1. disconnect, and unbolt everything retaining engine to vehicle.
            step 2. remove engine

Reinstallation procedure:
            - reverse above steps.

Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
              step 2. remove engine

- reverse above steps.

take a pic or 2 first JUST IN CASE LOL
              He said a bad word :nono:

1990 Festiva
              1987 F-250 diesel-powered
              1984 Ironhead Chopper
              1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                step 2. remove engine

- reverse above steps.

Pretty much what I thought of posting when I opened this thread
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Its pretty simple. My first ever engine swap was a Festiva. Removal is easy. Just harness connectors, exhaust downpipe, front engine mount and bell housing bolts for the most part.
                  If you choose to leave the transmission in the car, it can make putting the engine in a bit difficult. Getting the input shaft splines to line up to the flywheel took me quite a bit of time but I finally got it together.

Bottom line, I was scared going into it, but I've realized how simple it is.

Required tools are metric sockets 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, and maybe 19. Phillips screwdriver and maybe a tiny flat head to help with harness connectors. Pliers- especially hose pliers.
                  Don't forget to drain the radiator.
                  ~Austin
                  Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

You can use a 2X4 and a few coat hangers to lift the engine out, although tie down straps or a couple pieces of old seat belt are safer. Takes 2 people.
                    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
                    X