climate control light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• climate control light

I have two little annoying problems on my car since I had it.

It has power mirrors but the left one shakes like mad on the highway. The guy who had it had stuffed cardboard around the mirror to prevent from shaking. If I open it up is it repairable or is it just good for the trash can. I kinda like the power mirrors, but it's hard to buy just the driver side one.

The light in the climate control is burnt out and the gut at Canadian Tire didn't know where to get a replacement, said I needed to go to the dealer. I doubt they'll be able to get. If someone knows the serial number or code for that bulb, it would help!

Thanks guys!
    I will NOT drive a minivan

If you have the 90's style (swoopy ones), there is a screw on the bottom of the mirror (small hole there) which lets the mirror and motor pull out. I had the problem with mine where it shook as well, because the mounting pieces which hold the motor on snapped off. I took some epoxy and covered the back of the motor and the mounting pieces and stuck it on and held it until it was hard.

It's cured the problem, altho I'm not sure if the other power mirrors have that ability to remove that piece easily or not.

The bulbs you are looking for are REALLY small... They are a #74 bulb (should be able to find them in most automotive stores) - They are the same as the small bulbs in the rear of your gauge cluster.

You can pickup some colored ones or they have white/super white at http://autolumination.com/74.htm

Simon
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

The climate control light has some small bulbs with a weird base that sort of lock in.

I'll send a couple with the wipers.

Regards,

Tim
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

That super nice Tim!
        I'll check with the post office if I can send you a batch of brownies and how long it will take to get'em to TX. Will have to wait til I get back from my business trip tho.

Comment

Not a problem!

We all try to help each other out here!

Regards,

Tim
          White '89L auto - Sold!
          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

ur mirror is broken, you need to source another mirror. If it moves freely it means one of the two clips that hold the mirror in place broke off the backplate

as for the HVAC controls..its a pain to pull that part out & replace the ublbs, but the bulbs can be unscrewed from the back. I think it is #74 like simon said, they are REALLY Small bulbs.
            Wil
            02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
            00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
            05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
            93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
            96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
            93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

I've got the climate control module out (Yeah! it's a pain in the butt)

Edit:
              I found where the bulbs go, there are 3 of them (probably 4 on models with A/C)

Comment

Working...
              X