where is the iac on '93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is the iac on '93

My 93 festiva tends to have a low idle whenever I stop the car. I sometimes have to rev it up a bit to stop it from stalling. I've been told it could be a dirty idle air control valve. I searched through my Haynes manual and it doesn't even mention an IAC valve. Does it have one? Or is it called something else in the manual? I would like to clean it (if the car has one) because that might help the low idle problem. I've never seen or cleaned one before, so if anyone has any tips on how to do it, I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Also I've been reading a few threads and I've come across the acronym VAF. I'm not sure what that is, because it too is not mentioned in my Haynes manual. I even tried googling it and nothing came up. Is the VAF the same thing as a MAF?

vaf = little flapper in air box
    maf = sensor in airbox ...

both read the amount of air that enters the engine, festivas have the vaf

vaf= vane air flow ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkyfjo7spFc

maf= mass air flow ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSuL58YEH-E
    1991 stiva.

Comment

Iaccoca's should be on the back side of the intake on the driver side. Look for small coolant hoses going to it. But why don't you just bump up the idle screw 1/4 turn

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

watermellon, have you adjusted the idle bleed screw on the throttle body? it's on the driver side of the TB under a little black rubber plug.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

1/4 turn clockwise or counter-clockwise to increase idle speed?

Comment

Counter, and it will likely be more than a 1/4, but mark where you start from.
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
              X