Wheel bearing info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel bearing info

went on rock auto a was looking a wheel bearings, saw 2 type, one with bearing and race seperate and one that was one unit which is da one I need for the front ?? is it this one
    He said a bad word :nono:

1990 Festiva
    1987 F-250 diesel-powered
    1984 Ironhead Chopper
    1999 Ducati Monster

The last time I ordered their timkens it was the wrong bearing, the set3 are entirely too small for an aspire or Rio hub. Look at autozone.com and get the timken part number they list for them..you only do wheel bearings once in awhile, why bother with less than the best parts.

If you get bearings from autozone, call a day ahead of time and have them get 2 more sets, they only keep 2 in stock, and you need 4 total for both front knuckles.

If your referring to a Festiva knuckle, I don't know what the part numbers are for those, but I've learned to always cross reference part numbers.
    Last edited by zoom zoom; 07-07-2012, 05:51 AM.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Never done a knuckle, but they should be separate. I wish it had the integrated type (no preload hassle).

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
        Never done a knuckle, but they should be separate. I wish it had the integrated type (no preload hassle).
        Would be a treat if someone re-designed our front hubs for an adaptation like this. Even my 25 year old off-road bicycle now sports 'cartridge-type' pre-assembled bearings in the place of the originals.

Comment

Although different manufacturers stamp different codes on their bearings there is an industry-wide size code. I think the fronts are BR11. See if that comes up in your online search. You could call and ask an atuo parts store for the size.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
            The last time I ordered their timkens it was the wrong bearing, the set3 are entirely too small for an aspire or Rio hub. Look at autozone.com and get the timken part number they list for them..you only do wheel bearings once in awhile, why bother with less than the best parts.

If you get bearings from autozone, call a day ahead of time and have them get 2 more sets, they only keep 2 in stock, and you need 4 total for both front knuckles.

If your referring to a Festiva knuckle, I don't know what the part numbers are for those, but I've learned to always cross reference part numbers.
            yes a Festive in my signature

1990 Festiva
            1984 Ironhead Chopper
            1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
              Although different manufacturers stamp different codes on their bearings there is an industry-wide size code. I think the fronts are BR11. See if that comes up in your online search. You could call and ask an atuo parts store for the size.
              the link i posted is to a BR-11 so that is it ????

1990 Festiva
              1984 Ironhead Chopper
              1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

051-3869
                thats what I'm getting for mine, correct ????

1990 Festiva
                1984 Ironhead Chopper
                1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

Working...
                X