Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard to put into normal idle

good day!

my kia is very hard to put into normal idle at cold start..you have to put your foot steady at the gas pedal until the engine is warm/hot..it takes 5-10 mins..already done cleaning carb,sparkplug,HT wires checked..it has smoke, something like bluish white and makes tear in your eyes..oil and water at normal level..it something like his not feeling well!..LOL.. thanks in advance for the replies..
    "i am the difference":cheers:

Carburetted or fuel injected?
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
      Carburetted or fuel injected?
      My guess would be is carbureted:

Originally posted by doi_doi
      already done cleaning carb
      It sounds like the choke is not functioning properly. Either stuck open or at least partially open. If you take off the air cleaner while the engine is cold (before you start it) you should see the choke plate totally closed. If it is open all the way or partway then it is faulty or sticking.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Owner's manual for carburetted model says pump gas three times and hold pedal down half way to start. About 10 seconds after starting depress the gas pedal and release. This ritual is suppoosed to activate and deactivate the automatic choke. Also recommended to spray choke linkage when cleaning carborettor with carburettor cleaner, say once a year.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

like said above bad choke and i had alot in the past

Comment

I had the same problem with my Festiva but I made a choke plate and it works great. You can try and raise the idle a tad. I checked my timing and reset it and it helped alot.
            Harrison M.
            motobase8@yahoo.com | 91montero4x4@gmail.com

1989 Festiva Hatchback L 4 spd (project tuner)-33 MPG
            1991 Mitsubishi Montero 4x4 (offroader)-14 MPG
            1971 Datsun 240z (in restoration)
            1966 Ford Falcon (restored)

Driving is a passion.

Comment

Working...
            X