Front bearings 90 festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front bearings 90 festiva

Can any one tell me how to get the front rotors off my 90 Festiva.
    I lost a dust cap on the right front and I need to replace the bearings, only I cant figure out how to get the rotors off. Manual says take it to a dealer because of special tools needed. Can any one help me with this problem. Thank you

Replacing the front bearings is bit of a job. I suggest getting a shop manual for the procedure. They have to be preloaded with the proper spacers.

But to answer your question you need to pull the hub off to get the rotor off. Remove the big half shaft nut then with a puller/slide hammer remove the hub. The rotor bolts on from the back. Yes it is a stupid design.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Re: Front bearings 90 festiva

Originally posted by AJPBailey
      I lost a dust cap on the right front and I need to replace the bearings
      please explain why do you think you need to replace your bearings

it is not because you lost you center hubcap and you think you lost all of your grease, is it?

the front wheel bearings do not use a grease cap like the rear ones do

Comment

Originally posted by mattswabb
        Replacing the front bearings is bit of a job. I suggest getting a shop manual for the procedure. They have to be preloaded with the proper spacers.

But to answer your question you need to pull the hub off to get the rotor off. Remove the big half shaft nut then with a puller/slide hammer remove the hub. The rotor bolts on from the back. Yes it is a stupid design.
        Is it the same song and dance to have the rotors turned?????
        Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid sideways totally worn out, shouting...holy sh!t FESTIVA!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DontFearTheReaper

Is it the same song and dance to have the rotors turned?????
          yes it is ,

unless you can find a shop with a On The Car Brake Lathe, it is much easier that way.
          but if you do not find one, it would be cheaper to just go ahead and replace the rotor

Comment

Working...
          X