wiring harness help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring harness help

I am doing a lot of major work to my wiring harness now. I will be posting more questions from time to time. I am removing all unecessary wiring adding new circuits and relays. Can anyone please tell me what the connectors coming out of the wiring harness closest to the fuse box are for?

2-pin conector blue/white + black
    2-pin connector green/white + green/red
    1-pin connector black/yellow
    2-pin connector black/white + white
    2-pin connector black/red + blue/red
    4-pin connector white/ble + red/blue + red/white + black

The wires are located near the beginning of the branch that goes to the combination switch.

The big blue connector with an Orange plug is the airbags

Oh, wait, Festivas didn't come with airbags! Haha..

There's 2 harnesses that go that way in an aspire, one goes to the pass side up to the dome light, and out to headlights and ac stuff..disty o2 yadayada.. the other goes to the heater/ac controls, radio, dimmer switch, ...

If you haven't pulled the dash yet I bet your into the one for the dimmer and center console stuff, also has the ebrake on/off switch stuff on it. Your gonna need an evtm.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

http://www.scribd.com/doc/26457170/1...Festiva-Manual
      this is an awesome manual with good wiring advice.
      ;
      www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
      rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
      '92 Festiva L M/T
      '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

Can anyone with an 88 or 89 Festiva please check to see which relay is used for the EFE carb base heater?
        Is it the grey GE70 or the black H300? The wire colors that go to it are yellow/green, white/blue, black/red and black/white. You will have to look under the dash in the relay tree.

Comment

What on earth are you up to? Aside from "electrical hair-dressing".

Comment

I am identifying every wire in the 89 carb harness. I am installing relays and wiring for power windows, power antenna, power locks, electric fuel pump. I am also wiring a dash clock, an illumination delay, remote control door locks, fuel door popper. I am getting rid off all ECU wiring, 4th gear switch, etc.

Comment

That's alotta work! I am just about done with the same type of this, in my aspire. Don't be too hasty to cut out all your power wires, it will be alot easier on you if you try to use existing wiring for obsolete circuits for your new toys.
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Yes, that is why I am identifying all of the lines. I also have the exact Mazda spade connectors from Eastern Beaver plus a big box of wire from eBay. I still need to know which is the EFE relay, since the main relay is also four prong and completely interchangeable.

Comment

I was attracted to these cardboard-door panel cars because they were 'bare bones' and yet there are folks among us that seem to think/persist that the the word "Cadillac" will someday become synonymous with some or their particular Festiva.
                  Everybody is entitled to do whatever they want with their spare time and I will do the best to humour them. But being able to reach the passenger side window crank while driving on the freeway is still my perfect idea of controllable power windows and air conditioning all at once, and at no (sorry, very little) expense to fuel consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                    But being able to reach the passenger side window crank while driving on the freeway is still my perfect idea of controllable power windows and air conditioning all at once, and at no (sorry, very little) expense to fuel consumption.
                    Say that the next time it hits 105 with 85% humidity there in balmy Canada!
                    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

No doubt, its not like adding these creature comforts is expensive, or even that hard, just time consuming and you have to do your homework to do it right.
                      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Can someone with a carb Festiva please stick a camera under the dash beside the fuse panel, point it upward and take a pic? Much appreciated.

Comment

I will try. I have been hesitant to reply, since I don't know what I'm trying to take a picture of... Will point and shoot tonight after work, or in the morning.
                          Mike Holmgren
                          Thief Rvr Fls, MN
                          1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
                          "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

Thanks. The relays are up near the top of the firewall. There are two trees with three brackets each, to push relays on. There should be a timer, a 4 way flasher, an EFE relay, a turn signal flasher, a main relay and one empty bracket.
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 07-15-2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

My relays were behind the ECU, it would be nearly impossible to get a pic of them in the stock aspire, let alone a good picture. Probably the same for a festiva.
                              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Working...
                              X