Help... AC Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help... AC Harness

Almost done swapping the a/c.... problem I've run into is that the wire harness (I think it's dealer)on the very end near the drivers side head light the plugs don't match up... The wire harness has 3 wires (green/yellow, yellow/red, gray) and the plug on my '89 carb has just two wires (yellow, red)... How should I connect this? and will it even work??? See Pictures..... also I don't have gas pedal switch which i'm assuming should attach to the other end of the wire harness... from what i've read I should be fine without it

Should I just splice green to green and red to red and forget about the.gray ? Maybe its just a ground ?

Comment

has anyone out there ran into this issue?

Comment

tried splicing them together and not connecting the gray.... no luck.... the ac clutch won't engage.... also the a/c button isn't lighting up...

Comment

I haven't got to where you are yet. I removed my dealer A/C and installed a factory A/C setup. I mounted the two factory relays below the battery. I know that auto Festivas had three A/C relays. The third relay was for the condensor fan. I am unsure what to connect next. That is why I am watching your thread. Good luck.

Comment

So I figure out that the gray and yellow on the wire harness are "hot" and the green is a ground... so if I don't connect those to the wire harness in the car, rather jump them to the battery I can get the ac clutch to engage... I issue it that this bypasses the button in the dash... I will try other combinations of connecting the wires to the car and see what I can find out... anyone have a wiring diagram available?

Comment

I have an 89 a/c harness I'd sell
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

Is it a dealer or factory a/c harness? Or doesn't it matter...? Mine has three relays above the right front wheel well... Just doesn't plug in to the plug in the car next to the battery...

Comment

Working...
                X