Oil leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leaking

Engine runs until warm nd leaks oil. When it leaks oil car runs like crap. Wont idle or rev up. I see a small area on top of the block on the back side closet to the driver side firewall(kinda between the valve cover nd block) where it's bubbling. I'm guessing this is where the oils coming from? Wondering if this would cause the car to die nd idle like crap. Uploaded tons of posts awhile back. Got busy stopped working on it. I've replaced fuel pump fuel filter VAF checked fuel pressure it was good. Cleaned my injectors new cap rotor and plugs distributor is clean inside. New ignition switch. Ignition module is good. I did all this before and I just recently noticed the bubbling spot. Just need to know if that leak could cause problems and if I can just clean the area and wipe silicone on it to see if it fixes the problem before I tear it all off

Hmm, sounds like your crankcase pressure increases as the engine warms, and is pushing oil out of the seals. Excessive blow by? take off the oil cap while is running, can you feel air being blown out?
    Hodginsa - Photography - Cars, people, everything.

Festy is For Sale...

Comment

I did tht and there is actually a slight vacuum feeling. Like air is being pulled in where the cap would go. And it's not smoky Its clear. Could it be a faulty gasket or seal

Comment

What year is this car?

Comment

Can we say runs good cold, idles bad and stumbles hot?
          Something not sealed between the throttle and the VAF?
          Wiggle the EFI connectors while running to see if a change
          in running is noted..
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

It is a 90. The engine was rebuilt but has like 150miles on it. And ok I'll try it.

Comment

Sometimes if I hold the key in the start position nd floor it, it will rev up and I can drop the clutch and drive for awhile

Comment

Working...
              X