Automatic shifting trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic shifting trouble

I recently changed engine ,autotrans,wiring ,interior from a 93 Festiva into an 88 festiva shell. Everything went fairly smooth, but on intial road test it doesn't shift right. It moves fine reverse is good .. If I stand on it it will shift to second but won't shift to high. I'm not an expert on this type of unit so any help will be much appeciated,

Make sure the vacuum line is hooked up. Mine is the yellow striped hose at the back of the manifold. It goes down to a metal tube that runs on top of the transmission to the bottom front, just a picture to clarify and for future searches.
    Last edited by crazyrog17; 07-22-2012, 06:23 PM.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

did the tranny work fine before you swapped everything? Are sure the linkage is lined up right? If you move the shifter a little towards neutral will it go into gear?
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Good call, cable might need adjustment.
        -Zack
        Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

I would lean more to the vaccuum hose as it did work fine before and the gears seem to be in the right position. I'll look into it and report later Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X