making a weird noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a weird noise

okay fellas, i spent all day yesterday installing a 95 aspire engine. everything went in and out as it should. however when i started it up it was idleing very low. when i took it out to drive it, thats when i noticed upon accelerating theres a loud rattleing noise, only when accelerating, it gets louder with higher rpms too, again only while accelerating... or trying to accelerate i should say cause it did seem like it did not want to climb the hills at all. any ideas what to check? everything i used i swapped of my previous daily driver so i know its all good.
    93 L plus 5 speed, custom herculined paint job, custom billet grille

Sounds like your describing detonation.
    Check your timing with a light.
    If the timing is off it can cause both the low idle and the "rattle" your describing.
    Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
    1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Maybe you bumped the distrib during the swap to the advance side (rearwards).

Comment

i had a sneaking suspision it was the timing but wanted a second opinion... checked timing and solved. no more rattling chatter, and better get up and go.
        93 L plus 5 speed, custom herculined paint job, custom billet grille

Comment

Working...
        X