Need Some Brake Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Brake Help!!

Just had the car inspected and it didn't pass cause the rear brakes aren't staying engaged. It will engage when you first press, but then it loses pressure. They bled them and it helped, but still isn't working properly. They suggested getting a new Brake Master Cylinder. Figured I'd see if that was the same consensus here too before I order one. Thanks!
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Check for leaks at the wheel cylinders and lines, if no leaks are found replace M/C.
    Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

There I helped you out by moving this to repair help section where repair questions belong

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Thanks KingFish...I'm pretty sure no leaks...I also would have thought they'd tell me if it was leaking from somewhere. I guess I'll just shoot for a new Master Cylinder. Got to order it before 2pm to have it shipped to me tomorrow.

Thanks Damkid...I just saw Suspension/Brakes and didn't think anything of it. Now I see it says "Custom" Will remember that in the future.
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
        X