X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kickdown cable adj ?

how do i set the kickdown cable ? Mine goes into passing gear to easy

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

There's no cable. Only a switch above the gas pedal and a solenoid on the trans. Mine is missing but works okay. A little sensitive. My inquiry about the system was not answered.

Comment

ok im assuming the switch is what triggers the solinoid to fire inside the tranny is there any adjustment to this particular switch ?

Comment

Pull the vacuum hose on the modulator and there should be an adjustment
        in there. For shift adjustment problems that are not WOT this is where to
        go. If it looks old replace it, if they go bad they suck tranny oil through
        the engine. A plugged filter or really old oil can affect line pressure as well,
        service as you see fit. These are amazingly tough trannies with old school
        technology that makes a good engine seem doggy!!
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

my trans fluid and filter are new not even 200 miles on it , the accumulator how to adjust it ? Thanks for the help

Comment

My FSM shows no adjustment for the throttle kickdown. But as I recall, my broken one had plenty of threads to move it in or out. I removed it to R and R the heater blower and never replaced it. Mine kicks down like it should. Also I didn't find any adjustment for the vacuum actuator, only trying different length rods, which requires a special tool for measurement. Kind of like the front hub ordeal. The unit can be checked with a vac pump.

Comment

5 Speed swap should cure that problem
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

not gonna do no swap for a stick i just seen how much work that was and thats a HUGE not gonna be happening lmao

Comment

Is the trans issue a recent development? These autos aren't very sophisticated plus it's a small motor. Mine downshifts without additional throttle under load if the speed drops to 35 or so. It is also missing the kickdown circuit plus low comp one cylinder which might affect the actuator valve operation and it is still satisfactory. On a long uphill I use 2nd to keep it from hunting back and forth.

Comment

Working...
                  X