Testing 5 Speed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing 5 Speed.

So, one of my Festiva's is silver, which in the future will be an electric car, a trailer, or a track car. I really want those, and this will be one of them.

Anywho, Silver had what turned out to be a good running engine, and a burnt out clutch on a 5 speed. I am guessing she came off the road because of the burnt clutch.

Since I am about to do the B6 swap on Baby Car, I am thinking now would be a good time to get the 4 speed out to keep as a backup, and put the 5 speed in.

It goes into all the gears smoothly with the stick.

My question is this, is there any way to test it out before I clean it, paint it, and install it?
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

put it on stands and run it in each gear, shutting off in between gears and stopping wheels then shift?
    Owner of:
    1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
    In progress:
    BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Engine is already out of it, sorry, I guess I wasn't clear about that.

Comment

if you attatch the input shaft to a giant hamster wheel, now hear me out, and kidnap a bear, now hear me out, and smear the blood of 1000 salmon on the wheel. then do it.
        Owner of:
        In progress:

Comment

Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
          if you attatch the input shaft to a giant hamster wheel, now hear me out, and kidnap a bear, now hear me out, and smear the blood of 1000 salmon on the wheel. then do it.
          Ummmm OK?

Comment

then you know the transmission is good for 1hbp (Hungry bear power)
            Owner of:
            In progress:

Comment

Uhm... wut.
              White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
              White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
              1988 LX 5-speed
              ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

If you have a couple inner CV cases you can spin the input shaft while holding (still) one of the cases and the other should spin in every gear and the other way in reverse.

Comment

5 sppeds

I just bought a rebuild kit for my 5 speed, but when I got into it I found that the fifth gear set was chewed up pretty bad. Does anyone know where I can get this gear set or a parts tranny.

Comment

http://wheresweed.com/wa/whidbey-isl...uana-delivery/
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

LMAO!

On a side note, how cool is it that you can get that stuff delivered?

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
                        If you have a couple inner CV cases you can spin the input shaft while holding (still) one of the cases and the other should spin in every gear and the other way in reverse.
                        Slick. THANKS!

I just knew it would be something I should of thought of!

Comment

Lol, that stuff is all over the island, bunch of old hippies and bored teenagers. you don't need it delivered, just ask somebody at the highschool. lol
                          Owner of:
                          In progress:

Comment

Lol, that stuff is all over the island, bunch of old hippies and bored teenagers. you don't need it delivered, just ask somebody at the highschool. lol
                            As I suspected!!! My thought was that kidnaping the bear would be the hard part.
                            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                              As I suspected!!! My thought was that kidnaping the bear would be the hard part.
                              Really? Piece of cake, got one in my backyard. Have you ever tried to catch a 1000 Salmon?

Comment

Working...
                              X