Festy suspension on Aspire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festy suspension on Aspire?

I just picked up an Aspire for my mom (thanks, Fever!) But I wonder if she could stand the firm suspension. I know Festiva suspension would be more comfortable for her, but what downsides would there be? Would just switching to Festiva springs help? Thanks.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

If it's a stock Aspire it should be plenty soft for your mom, shouldn't it?

Comment

We'll see. I just want to be able to offer alternatives in the case that she finds it too firm. I could be overreacting, but she's recovering from cancer, and I want her to enjoy this car as much as she can. She's used to riding in bigger vehicles that aren't as firm.
      Last edited by DriverOne; 08-10-2012, 01:06 PM.
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

The Aspire shouldnt be too firm. It is a heavier car, and rides just fine with the struts that came with it, and are designed for it.

It would be WAY too soft with the Festiva components, imo.
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Yeah, the Aspire suspension is designed for the added weight of the Aspire, so it should be about like a stock Festy in terms of ride. Plus, the Aspire is probably more comfortable and refined anyway. I would be afraid going to lighter Festy springs would make it handle funny (maybe dangerous).

Edit: BTW- Best of luck and prayers to your Mom. Hope she makes a speedy recovery! The BEST years of my dad's life were AFTER he was diagnosed w/cancer and recovered. Sometimes you don't fully appreciate the gift of life until something like that happens.
          Last edited by blkfordsedan; 08-10-2012, 01:54 PM.
          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
            Best of luck and prayers to your Mom. Hope she makes a speedy recovery!
            Thank you for your heartfelt motion, BFS. I'll forward your text to her. It's a great thing to have friends like you on this site.

Comment

Working...
            X