swithcing hatchback w/o wiper with one with on w/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swithcing hatchback w/o wiper with one with on w/

i just bought a festy at a junkyard. 91 GL that has a wiper on the hatchback. does anyone know how easy it is to swap this with one that doesn't and what parts i would need off the car. i know the hatchback is easy, i've done it before. just not sure what the wiper needs. i have a 92 L that is missing the hatchback glass right now so i'm gonna change it anyway but would like to get the wiper to work also.
    thanks.
    adam

92l efi 240K+ stock

Re: swithcing hatchback w/o wiper with one with on w/

Originally posted by ajb999
    i just bought a festy at a junkyard. 91 GL that has a wiper on the hatchback. does anyone know how easy it is to swap this with one that doesn't and what parts i would need off the car. i know the hatchback is easy, i've done it before. just not sure what the wiper needs. i have a 92 L that is missing the hatchback glass right now so i'm gonna change it anyway but would like to get the wiper to work also.
    thanks.
    adam
    Pretty simple to do.

You'll need the switch for the front dash, the rubber hose for the washer fluid, the tank for the fluid. I think that's it but if I overlooked something please chime in.

Regards,

Tim
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

is there some sort of pump? and could i hook it to the front windshield wiper tank? thanks

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

Originally posted by ajb999
        is there some sort of pump? and could i hook it to the front windshield wiper tank? thanks
        There is a tank and pump that goes in behind the passenger side taillight, the filler tube is located right above taillight in the jam.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

cool, thanks. i guess i know what i'll be doing tomorrow after work.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

done. everything was basically exactly how everyone said it would be. thanks for the help. only problem was on my car they didn't run a wire up to attach to the hatchback for the wiper and defrost. kinda a pain to pull. other than that, a piece of cake.
            adam

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

Working...
            X