B6t breaking up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6t breaking up

I had a problem like this before, the symptoms are exactly the same but the solution is not. I already pulled the fuel pump to make sure it was submerged and the sock was still on and a full tank of fresh gas.

I can go WOT in 1st and it will sputter at 6k then in 2nd gear it will sputter at 4.8k and the same in 3rd. AFR is good until it starts to sputter. I tried turning the boost down but it still does it even with a richer AFR.

The funny thing is that it will work just fine for the first 30 minutes then after that it will start sputtering. It boost and pulls hard until it starts sputtering.

It is a fuel issue cause it will rev clean to 7k in neutral. What should I try?
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Is there a functioning knock sensor?the ecu on other cars yank timing when there is knocking. Afr is only part of the picture, consult the hall of shame vtec turbo pictures.

What is the health of the head?also could have sealing issues exploited byboost presures
    Last edited by getnpsi; 08-12-2012, 11:37 PM.
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

It shouldn't be knocking. It's been running fine prior to this. I have no clue about the health, it's a junkyard B6D.
      14 C7 Z51

Comment

Maybe a spark issue....when the engine load increases to the limit, it craps out. That would explain why the RPM it happens at gets lower in successive gears. It could be a heat build up issue in some electric component, which would also explain why it's fine for the first 30 minutes. Just a thought. Maybe check the coil and other ignition components.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
          Maybe a spark issue....when the engine load increases to the limit, it craps out. That would explain why the RPM it happens at gets lower in successive gears. It could be a heat build up issue in some electric component, which would also explain why it's fine for the first 30 minutes. Just a thought. Maybe check the coil and other ignition components.
          It could be the coil, it's in my wheel well. I'll check it when I get the chance, in a week
          14 C7 Z51

Comment

You should try buying it flowers, or writing it some poetry, maybe a fancy date to a sea side cafe.... don't lose hope! Re-ignite the flame of love!
            1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
            1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
            2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

Oh, I've had intake tubes get sucked (blown) closed too (bad angle kink ) but only at higher loads on JY turbo cars. Nothing is collapsing, and you have a correct pcv system? Hard to say that is the case if it runs fine the first 30 minutes unless something in there gets more pliable with heat.
              Last edited by getnpsi; 08-13-2012, 10:50 AM.
              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

This piping set up has outlasted an engine and 3 transmissions.
                14 C7 Z51

Comment

Working...
                X