lower control arm to frame square nut inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower control arm to frame square nut inside

The square nut inside my frame where the lower control arm bolts up is just free spinning inside is there a way to deal with this without cutting a hole in my frame rail?
    Doc Browns' other car was a Festiva

Ok...please do not take this as me being a #^%#%$. Only reason I am even saying this....(please try the search function first)....is because it was just recently discussed. Also has been numerous times in the past. But non the less....here is some answers for you....

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Ya thanks what a horrible design flaw

Comment

Originally posted by Suburban Commando View Post
        Ya thanks what a horrible design flaw
        Could be alot worse...at least there's an access hole nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
          Could be alot worse...at least there's an access hole nearby.
          That access hole is tiny and almost useless its just big enough for a wrench but the housing around the nut makes it impossible to get to. I'm just gonna go get a new pivot bolt and lock nut and cut a small access hole on the side as for the one that's in there out I'm just gonna cut off with a sawsall and use a punch NM else I can do really it sucks because I don't want to cut into the frame

Comment

If you can get the bolt started at all, or even in front of the nut, (or just use a punch)could you use a BFH to knock the nut and housing around it loose? Break the tiny tack welds holding it in place.. then I'm sure you could squeeze a lock washer and nut back in there..
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
              If you can get the bolt started at all, or even in front of the nut, (or just use a punch)could you use a BFH to knock the nut and housing around it loose? Break the tiny tack welds holding it in place.. then I'm sure you could squeeze a lock washer and nut back in there..
              Ya ill give that a try first before I cut it

Comment

Do a search. There are numerous good ideas as to how to tackle this common prob.

Comment

Working...
                X