Nutty's latest repair emergency.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutty's latest repair emergency.

So, went to get an alignment today and discovered something quite disturbing.

Looks like it is just a matter of time before my rear axle literally falls off. Is there a way to repair this? I'm not big on the workings of metal, but I'm fairly certain this frame is beyond repair. I've already sunk money into the interior and minor transmission stuff. I'm not sure if it will be worth spending any more money on this particular frame.
    "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

That's your new parts car
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Ckiesman jist had the sam issue 250 dollars for a welder to fix it.
      ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

92 silver 5spd with some boost! Kratos

Comment

Is this a car you just bought?

Comment

She's not entirely dead but does require some serious work with torches and a welder. Unless of course more structural sections of the car look like that.

Comment

Damn, I just scrapped a Festy with a good rear section.
            1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
            1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
            1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
            1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
            2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
            2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
            2005 Accord - wife's DD
            2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
            2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Drive carefully to a body shop avoiding potholes for an estimate?
              Get them to put it up on a hoist and give you an opinion on the whole body.
              I spray the underside each October with 25% paint thinner and 75% used motor oil. Works
              good to preserve the body.
              Always look under the car before buying.
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

How can u drive a car for weeks then notice a vibration at high speed . Then all the sudden, boom half the car is rusted off ? I just don't get it ?
                New build on the way .

Comment

Working...
                X