wheel Bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel Bearing

Does any one have picture of replaceing there wheel bearing im trying to repair my this weekend . they are makeing that nice when it time do i need a press to install then .picture will help alot. or a step at a time to install them.

Front or back? Back doesn't need a press at all, front *can* be done without a press, but it would be a real pain. Do a search on here, there are a couple of good threads for both front or back with pics.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

thank ill keep looking is i can find it ,In from GA and looking a a cluster

Comment

What kind of cluster?

Comment

stock for the gl

Comment

So... tach or non-tach? I've got like 4 clusters hanging around...

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

In the picture you have two wheel bearing for one side i bought a set to install

Comment

There is an inner and an outer bearing assembly on each wheel of the car. The bearing assemblies for the front wheels are all identical, ie inner and outer are the same on each wheel, one size fits all. A bearing asembly consists of a cup and a cone. The bearings are preassembled with the cup and are pressed onto the shaft of the hub. The cones are pressed into the steering knuckle separately before the hub is inserted into the knuckle.
                  Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Doing rear bearings is a cheap, not so much involved and good learning experience for a novice but fronts are something better left for patient folks with lots of experience, and proper tools. Everything is do-able mind you and WmWatt has step by step illustrated postings on this (see earlier post by him and follow the links).
                    Good luck. If your repairs don't work out you'll know within a few hundred miles, so don't plan any long trips right away.

Comment

thank you i just got them change in va only 50 i paid some people told me that it will be 120 to 150 a side way to much . he told me first that it will be between 50 and 70 a side better then 120 and up

Comment

Keep your fingers crossed (if this was front bearings you're talking about) that the discount shop knew what it was doing. Kia Rios are going to the JYs at at rapid rate these days because the current generation of auto techs don't seem to know how to replace anything except sealed bearing units and the funny business of different width bearing pre-load spacers has defeated the efforts of many a small shop.

Comment

Working...
                        X