No announcement yet.

Smoke, Smoke, Smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's an interesting thought. I guess all I would need to take off is the valve cover and take a look. This car had a whole lot of gunk in the engine, so maybe that is a low cost thing to try.

Comment

Mine has been doing the same since I got it. I just assumed it was an issue with the piston rings.

My smoke, however, billows from the dipstick tube, oil cap, pcv and breather.

Doubt it'll hurt to crack open the valve cover and poke around. Thanks for bringing this up.

Comment

Originally posted by purg3d View Post
        Mine has been doing the same since I got it. I just assumed it was an issue with the piston rings.

My smoke, however, billows from the dipstick tube, oil cap, pcv and breather.

Doubt it'll hurt to crack open the valve cover and poke around. Thanks for bringing this up.
        Something is plugging the crankcase venting system in your car. Check the PCV and the hose to make sure they are functional and clear.

Comment

Given that i have working more hours lately, i never got around to compression check oe opened the valve covers to inspect. Yesterday, i decided to put some seafoam in the oil to see what it would do. After 20 miles or so, it stopped smoking. Also, it is not burning as much oil. I have only driven about 60 miles, so i will need to change the oil this weekend. Any ideas regarding why it ssems to have fixed the problem?

Comment

Working...
          X