No announcement yet.

how to change timing belt in Kia Pride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to change timing belt in Kia Pride?

its the same like in Mazda 121?

Read this first:

Then we can help.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Kia Pride = Mazda 121 = Ford Festiva

The real question is what cylinder head do you have .. crossflow or non-crossflow .. Kia Prides can have either..

No matter what version you have they are simple to change on these cars.

Comment

I was able to follow the instructions in the Haynes manual. Unlike a lot of cars the crankshaft nut does not have to be removed. That makes it much easier. Only the drivebelt pulleys need to be removed. Unlike some Mazdas the engine block does not have to be raised. That also makes it easier.

Tip #1 - Jam a long screwdriver between 2 bolts on the water pump pulley to hold it still while loosening the third bolt.

Tip#2 - The lower pulley bolts are removed from underneath. A swivel socket driver or an angled box wrench is good. The second time I did it I did not even remove the wheel. Just ran the car up on ramps.

Tip #3 - On my car there was not enough room between the engine and fender to drop the lower pulley out. I put a pry bar in the engine mount and gave it a shove. That shifted the engine enough and the pulley dropped out. To install the pulley it was positions from above and the engine given a shove again. Pulley dropped right back i
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

have you instruction step by step how to do this?

in polish language or with pictures.

---------------
          car is bought in poland

YEAR 1999

MAKE KIA

MODEL PRIDE

DESIGNATION maybe GL

DOORS 2

TRANSMISSION MANUAL

ACCESSORIES NO MODIFICATIONS OR UPGRADES

ENGINE 1323cm3 47kW 64KM

Comment