Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aspire overheating problem

Hey guys,

I bought this aspire, and it ran fine for the first week, now I have to keep an eye on the damn temp gauge because its trying to over heat. Now the engine does have a hairline crack in the block, always has, it was my uncles car, but it just causes it to loose alittle fluid once in a while. I replaced the thermostat today, but its still overheated after I let it idle for about 10 minutes then drove down the road 3 miles. What else could it be, how do I check to make sure the water pump is working right?

Ahhhh

help me

How long does it take to overheat ,when started cold
    Does the cooling fan ever kick on when the temp comes up ?
    with the rad cap off do you see any movement like flowing coolant from the waterpump,or any bubbles in rad when cold or hot.
    Does the heater work properly,or no heat when engine is hot.
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

i remember years ago on another car i disconnected one of the radiator hoses and started the engine and watched the water shoot out all over the place including on myself but then i knew the water pump was working good.

Comment

The heat works in the car, the radiator with the cap off. slowly fills then overflows slowly. My mechanic thinks that the pressure is building in the engine do to the small crack in the block, causing it to not cool properly. But this is also the mechanic that I think is full of shit most of the time. Were going to try some barleak (think thats what its called) suppose to be good stuff, and I will run it today to see how it goes. If it stops the leak then it should stop the backpressure.

When started cold the car can take like 20 miles of regular drivng before it does anything, It goes up alittle pasted half, than drops down to where it normally sits about the 1/3 spot, then climbs back up and keeps climbing after a mile or two. I pulled the car over and left the engine ON and it very very slowly came back down to the half mark.

Im going for a drive to see what else its doing.

Comment

where is this crack?

and what is the crack to? oil passage? water passage? compression?

outside of the block or internal?

Comment

92 Festiva Overheating

I am having the same issues.. from cold, it runs about 12 or 15 miles and slowly overheats. Replaced the thermostat and still overheats. I looked in the radiator cap, and it overflows when it is not very hot (I can touch it and open it with water spewing on my hand). This happened just this past week. There is no cracks or anything like that. :cry:

Comment

Working...
            X