cleaning iac valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning iac valve

is there a way to clean the valve wothout taking it off the engine?

the best way is to take it off.
    ;
    www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
    rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
    '92 Festiva L M/T
    '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

What sort of cleaner is that, MR? I'd assume that my hard-to-start-when-cold B6T requires some cleaning of the IAC variety and some guidance would be excellent!
      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Mmmmmmmm. Strawberry Jello!
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
          What sort of cleaner is that, MR? I'd assume that my hard-to-start-when-cold B6T requires some cleaning of the IAC variety and some guidance would be excellent!
          He put that in MMO. Marvel Mystery oil. You CAN remove the hose, and pour an ounce or so of it down into the IAC, but I have been doing that every night since Madness to mine, and it still sticks. I hope to have time tonight or Monday night to change mine.

Removing it means you can also manipulate it by hand, working the MMO into the moving parts....At least on my B6 IAC that is
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
            He put that in MMO. Marvel Mystery oil. You CAN remove the hose, and pour an ounce or so of it down into the IAC, but I have been doing that every night since Madness to mine, and it still sticks. I hope to have time tonight or Monday night to change mine.

Removing it means you can also manipulate it by hand, working the MMO into the moving parts....At least on my B6 IAC that is
            Gotcha. That stuff is discontinued in Canada. Would something like Seafoam or Simple Green or Solvent do the trick? I've never removed an IAC before, and my service manual for the B6T isn't helping too much. It keeps calling it a BAC I think.

Comment

Is it sticking? PB Blaster might turn the trick. Wait! We have a similar Throttle body, right? B6, B6T? The IAC is mounted to the bottom of it if so...
              Last edited by scitzz; 10-18-2012, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                Is it sticking? PB Blaster might turn the trick. Wait! We have a similar Throttle body, right? B6, B6T? The IAC is mounted to the bottom of it if so...
                I believe it's different. I took it off and had a look... fired off some liquid wrench and blew-dry out all of the vacuum lines. She fired right up with no stutter or stall at all! Thanks for the advice. Normally it would stall right from the get-go for the first minute or two. Now just for that headgasket...

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                  I believe it's different. I took it off and had a look... fired off some liquid wrench and blew-dry out all of the vacuum lines. She fired right up with no stutter or stall at all! Thanks for the advice. Normally it would stall right from the get-go for the first minute or two. Now just for that headgasket...
                  Cool!

Comment

Would someone be so kind as to describe just what exactly that device (IAC) does. I've never paid any attention to one. Looks to me like an ornery part to get at just for the sake of cleaning it inside.

Comment

When something kicks on, like headlights or AC, it lowers the idle, since it is drawing power. The IAC opens and closes, adding or subtracting air, to bring the idle back up to the base setting, and works in reverse of that when something turns off.

Comment

Cool!

Comment

If you dont mind spending the 75$ then I would recommend the large ultrasonic cleaner form Habor Freight. I used it to clean the throttle body for my festy and it worked awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by gergorian View Post
                            If you dont mind spending the 75$ then I would recommend the large ultrasonic cleaner form Habor Freight. I used it to clean the throttle body for my festy and it worked awesome.
                            You know, that isn't a bad idea. I understand you can clean fuel injectors with one of those as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X