91 EFI Poor Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 EFI Poor Idle

I wanted to start a new thread for my car (as opposed to my wifes festiva), to get caught up check out http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...tiva-Poor-Idle.

So my festiva, "The Ferrari", has always idled kinda crappy. It seemed to idle too low, and sometimes die at stop signs every once in a while. I checked the Throttle Postition Sensor, I couldn't get it adjusted correctly so I replaced it, now it's good. Idle the same. I took off my Idle Air Control device and tested it, it works great. I tested it by blowing through the air line, then letting hot water from the sink go through the coolant line, and blow through it again. There was an obvious and definate change, as the hot water went through, the air line began cutting off air. I applied 12 volts to the solenoid, and it worked perfectly. Reattached, idle the same. If you didn't get caught up on this from the other thread, I'll let you know my idle air screw is all the way in also, essentially cutting off idle speed adjustment, and it should barely run or die.

Ok, so I then decided that air has to be getting in there somehow, so I started pinching hoses shut going into the intake tube, first one, the IAC tube, it nearly died. So damnit, the IAC is stuck open, but I proved it wasn't right? I unplugged the solenoid, and eureka!! Idle came down, and I adjusted the idle air screw out.

Now, why the heck is my solenoid being constantly told to turn on? Does anyone know what all turns on the solenoid? and Does anyone have a breakout box for our cars?

Thanks.
    Josh Z.

Also, how do you add in the cool Fuelly website thing?
    Josh Z.

Comment

Working...
    X