No announcement yet.

Best oil flush solution used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Discussion is NOT a catch all. Please post in the correct forum.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Zack I hope you don't really change your oil every 4,000 miles.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Best oil flush solution used?

I change my oil every 3,000 especially with the turbo. It keeps everything nice and clean. the more you change the oil the cleaner it will get over time.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I suggested the Seafoam because he said he was goin' to do an oil change afterwards. I think they suggest on the can to do 1 at 100mi. after usein' the Seafoam, And only use 1/3 of a can in the engine, 1/3 in gas tank, & 1/3 in intake. Always follow directions, some good vids on u tube .
          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I don't recall the name of the oil additive I used but it was poured into the crankcase and the engine idled for no more than 5 minutes. Then the oil is changed. So I did it at the time of an oil change. After 5 minutes the additive starts to eat into the aluminum engine block so it's important not to leave it in there any longer than 5 min. Always read the directions on the container!
            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

I recommend AutoRX. I bought some with doubt about how it would actually work but it cleaned the heck out of my low mile festiva that had 10 year old oil in it. Follow the directions and enjoy the increase in compression after the second oil change. Good stuff!
              I'm going to come at you like a spider monkey!
              White 1993 L plus, 5 speed - 47k miles
              * Aspire brake swap, 14" Miata wheels & Tein coliover suspension

Comment

Looks like there are as many answers as there are active members....
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                  Looks like there are as many answers as there are active members....
                  AutoRX and Seafoam are essentially the same. We're all saying the same thing; whatever you use, follow the directions. If you must use something that wasn't intended for the job (ATF, Diesel), use a very small amount.
                  Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                  Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                  X