CEL Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEL Codes

1990 L Plus all stock.. Plugs, wires, cap, button, coolant tmp sensor, radiator, pcv valve air filter, fuel filter all new within 3000 miles. idles normally about 650 in gear and around 9 in park when warm. TPS was removed 6 mos ago and my not be totally adjusted to specs.

Check engine light came on today while driving home, I pulled what appears to be 3 sets of codes in this order

2 short followed bt 8 short

2 long followed by 5 short

1 long followed by 7 short

I have never pulled odb1 codes by reading the CEL flashes before can someone please help decode.. Not sure if all of these codes are from today or have been stored from the past.. CEL light has not come on any other time sence I have owned the car 1 year 20000 miles

Richard

I'll be watching this. I have a car that flashes CEL after 10 minutes on the road, and as long as the ignition is turned off for a moment it then goes away for at least another 10 minutes. Car runs fine it's just the damn light that bothers me to no end.

Comment

Ratorrey, the haynes repair manual says for efi engines 1990/95

code 25 is fuel pressure reg control solenoid and 17 is the oxygen sensor,
      not sure what the other code is, the single flashes stop at 09, if it was 2 long and 8 short, that would be the egr control solenoid but thats on 94 and newer. good luck
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

02 Sensor self explanitory.

Fuel Pressure Reg Control Solenoid. What is it? I know what and where the Fuel Pressure Regulator is but never heard of a FPR Solenoid...

Originally posted by sc72 View Post

not sure what the other code is, the single flashes stop at 09, if it was 2 long and 8 short, that would be the egr control solenoid but thats on 94 and newer. good luck

Comment

Blue wire broken at the plug (harness side) of the 02 Sensor. Cut both plugs off and did a quick splice as a temp fix. Now to find a new plug for the harness side of the 02 Sensor.

Originally posted by sc72 View Post

Comment

Richard the book says, Check for an open or short circuit from the solenoid valve to the ecm. possible broken or f.p.r. short circuit from the solenoid valve to the fuel injection main relay. check for a defective solenoid valve.
            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Working...
            X