• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plutocracy
    replied
    Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
    I have some. PM me
    Dunno if you're getting my PMs, I can't tell.

Leave a comment:

• Plutocracy
    replied
    Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
    I have some. PM me
    Well, since I just dropped $51 for the JC Whitney part and express shipping (which was just late enough to completely screw up my week) only to have something completely different with the same part number shipped to me, guess I'll be doing that here soon.

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    I have some. PM me

Leave a comment:

• dragcar62
    replied
    I did exactly what "gtalbot" did 4 years ago and never had a problem since. The steering pulled to the left slightly but a re-alignment took care of that. Another benefit - the trans fluid won't attack the poly bushing. -dragcar-

Leave a comment:

• denguy
    replied
    I, too, would be sure and stick with the stock heavy duty bracket that is on there in the picture. It's made that strong for a reason. When you hit the front brakes the stabilizer bar keeps the car body from continuing forward ahead of the front wheels, which carry most of the braking load.
    Last edited by denguy; 10-31-2012, 06:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gtalbot
    replied
    Worst case I think i have a couple of used OEM ones that you can have for the cost of shipping...

Leave a comment:

• Plutocracy
    replied
    Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
    RhodeStiva posted this find: from JC Whitney- Swaybar frame bushings, SKU# 1JA584251 , mfr# 17624; replacesE8BZ5A486A & F4BZ5A486A. $23.99. Don't know if they will work, worth callin' to find out. Good luck!!
    I'm stunned. That seems to be it. The shipping turnaround is a bit of a pain but hope is hope. Thanks all! Hopefully they don't have to be shaved down too much and spare my mechanic some headache.

(Rare Parts Inc, I chuckled)
    Last edited by Plutocracy; 10-30-2012, 10:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Festivame
    replied
    I had some trouble finding ones to fit my 2000 Workhorse step van. I found them by size on the Moog site and then had O Reillys order them. Try this Moog link and see if it helps.

Also found this at JC Whitney, says it fits my 92 GL. Edit: Opps looks like that is the end bushings not the ones you need.

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

Festivame
    Last edited by Festivame; 10-30-2012, 10:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    RhodeStiva posted this find: from JC Whitney- Swaybar frame bushings, SKU# 1JA584251 , mfr# 17624; replacesE8BZ5A486A & F4BZ5A486A. $23.99. Don't know if they will work, worth callin' to find out. Good luck!!
    Last edited by navdoc101; 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by Bert View Post
    Maybe while you're not looking a B6 or an 8 will suddenly appear in the engine bay round about the same time.
    From whut I hear tell bout them Florida chaps, is thats you have to keep a keerful eyeball on your exhaust, cuz turbos sprout from them things like nobodies bidness. Must be the salt in the air...

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    replied
    Originally posted by Plutocracy View Post

I had seen the bushing twice in the past seven months. The first time I saw it, it was more or less solid, but dripping with transmission fluid from when the hose at the base of the radiator split from age/overtightening and sprayed everything with the stuff.

The second time I saw it was four months later when I got under there (brave, I know) to tighten the hose again because of a bad drip that had developed. That second time the bushing looked as if it had been attacked by ants. I filed that in the back of my brain as being due to age and something I’d have to take care of around the start of next year when I plan to go full time on the car. Being so car illiterate is frustrating!

Took the car in to a mechanic for steering pull and rattling front driver’s side, and the bushing was simply not there anymore. The LCA that side doesn’t have a bushing anymore either, probably from when it got sprayed.
    !
    You came to the right place. Someone here will steer you in the right direction to help you out with part numbers and suppliers, and seeing as to where you live, maybe even offer to help. She'll be back on the road 'good as new' in a bit. Don't be looking for freebies (labour-wise) but there are decent folks down your way (I keep forgetting that Florida is a 'really big town') that are intimately familiar with Festys. Maybe while you're not looking a B6 or an 8 will suddenly appear in the engine bay round about the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Plutocracy
    replied
    Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
    I don't know how far apart you are but I'd try getting ahold of Eurotiva.
    South Florida vs. Central Florida. Not next-door but really only an afternoon's drive if it comes to that.

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    I would like to know what happened to the old one. I didn't think they could disintegrate and pop out so easily. Is it true transmission fluid can eat it up?
    I had seen the bushing twice in the past seven months. The first time I saw it, it was more or less solid, but dripping with transmission fluid from when the hose at the base of the radiator split from age/overtightening and sprayed everything with the stuff.

The second time I saw it was four months later when I got under there (brave, I know) to tighten the hose again because of a bad drip that had developed. That second time the bushing looked as if it had been attacked by ants. I filed that in the back of my brain as being due to age and something I’d have to take care of around the start of next year when I plan to go full time on the car. Being so car illiterate is frustrating!

Took the car in to a mechanic for steering pull and rattling front driver’s side, and the bushing was simply not there anymore. The LCA that side doesn’t have a bushing anymore either, probably from when it got sprayed.

Originally posted by TheresGabe View Post
    Their website says there are a BUNCH of O'Reilly's in Florida. They can have this there even special order by tomorrow
    http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...+non-greasable
    Site's giving me crap but it's looking like this is my only bet to get running anytime soon. I’m slowly finding out no one makes the front to frame bushing anymore. There aren't any close to me but I'll investigate them more when I'm not at work, thanks for the link!

Leave a comment:

• TheresGabe
    replied
    Their website says there are a BUNCH of O'Reilly's in Florida. They can have this there even special order by tomorrow
    Last edited by TheresGabe; 10-30-2012, 02:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    I would like to know what happened to the old one. I didn't think they could disintegrate and pop out so easily. Is it true transmission fluid can eat it up?
    Last edited by bravekozak; 10-30-2012, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zoom zoom
    replied
    I don't know how far apart you are but I'd try getting ahold of Eurotiva.
    Last edited by zoom zoom; 10-30-2012, 01:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X