Removing throttle cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing throttle cable

So I was coming home from work and I hear a strange noise but think nothing of it, then I push the gas and there is nothing there, I get out to inspect what went wrong and my battery tray broke and the battery slid over and the throttle cable contacted the battery post, this then melted to cable in half, so after a tow home and a burned finger, I now have one question how do I get the cable out of the firewall. Thanks, O it is a 89 carbed

Get down under the dash where the cable comes through the firewall. Take a pair of pliers and compress the sides of the plastic piece that comes through the fire wall and push it out. There are little pieces of springy plastic on each side of the cable that expand when the throttle cable is pushed through from the engine side of the firewall. Since your cable is already ruined, you can just take the pliers and break the little plastic pieces off which would probably be easier than trying to compress them to pull the cable out toward the engine.
    You gonna race that thing?
    http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Working...
    X