Opinions needed / Body Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions needed / Body Work

Need some help and welcome opinions from someone who's been there.

Looks like I need the following parts to get my Aqua back in it original condition:

The black steel beam cross bar that the bumper cover attaches to.
    The shroud upper plate (hood latch and radiator and ac condenser attach to this).
    The foam energy absorption pieces (left and right).
    The front bumper cover (already aqua in good condition or paintable).
    The front bumper cover attaching hardware.
    Left front fender
    Left front fender corner light.
    Hood (mine only has a very small dent that I could not completely straighten but needs replacing to be perfect.)
    Righ front fender maybe (The small dent in mine popped out with a hit but there is a small crease visible from below.)
    Of course all metal parts must be rust free (or only hidden surface rust that would wire brush off).

AC condenser and dryer accumulator. (was converted to 134A already so the 134a compatable dryer accumulator)
    AC hoses
    the large one that goes from the evaporator to the compressor
    the large one that goes from the left side of the accumulator to the compressor
    compressor was working fine before but it has over 200,000 miles on it. so maybe that too.

After all this it will be off to the body shop for painting.

So I'm asking for opinions about how I should go about this?
    I was hoping to find salvage parts close by but no luck so far.
    I think I can buy a 1992 GL automatic which has all the parts I need on it for about $900 (still runs but probably not for long).
    I could then use the parts I needed, sell other parts from the car (it has alloy wheels) and maybe recover my cost.
    About made up my mind to do the latter but not sure.
    Opinions?
    Last edited by 1990new; 11-01-2012, 08:15 PM.

you better see that the car doesn't need to see a table to be straightened.... all those parts and the forward members are still straight? i doubt it.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I would be interested in the wheels if you get it.
      93 GL

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        you better see that the car doesn't need to see a table to be straightened.... all those parts and the forward members are still straight? i doubt it.
        I can still change my mind about keeping it. What kind of damage do I need to look for?

I'm going to latch the hood down tomorrow and try it out on the interstate at speed to see how it does. Around town it seems to drive fine.

Comment

Originally posted by sactnato View Post
          I would be interested in the wheels if you get it.
          Okay I'll keep that in mind if I get the car.

Comment

Working...
          X