Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanna tow a trailer .... just in town?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna tow a trailer .... just in town?????

I have a 93 auto festiva and i also have a small utility trailer.
    can i weld up a hitch and pull it just for short hauls and with a small amount of stuff or will i mess up my tranny???

yes i know that a festiva is no 1 ton truck but i only have a crusty 92 dodge van with a hitch and it costs me a wack of cash to bring home a sheet of plywood so i was thinking that my festiva could do it.
    what you guys think?????

shayne

I have a 88 stick festiva and I pull a motorcycle trailer with it! the hitch I had installed is made just for the festiva. I pulled a 400 Honda from Tenn, to Iowa and never knew it was behind me. Works great!!
    Bikehandle
    God save me from my fondist wish!!

Comment

This company sells Festiva hitches:
      You gonna race that thing?
      http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

The owner's manual says not to tow anything but people do it.

I bring sheets of plywood home tied to the roof.

As soon as I bought my car in 1989 I removed the rear seat to increase the carrying capacity as I used to go camping a lot, and removed the passenger's seat to provide a space for the dog to stand. The seats are still stored in the basement. I like the roominess and carrying capacity with the seats removed. I made a removable plywood partition to close off the back and keep things from flying forward in a sudden stop.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

I too have lost the rear seats to increase the amount of stuff i can carry.
          I think i will do the hitch.
          I live just outside a small city with a grid road that i can drive slow on so i would think if i didnt try to go 70 with a load i will be ok.
          thanks for the input and links.

shayne

Comment

HE HE

When my last Festiva had to get moved or I was going to get evicted, I towed it off with my aspire! he he does that count? :lol:

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
            1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
            1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
            1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

I had a 93 with an auto tranny, I used it to tow my Seadoo everywhere! I pulled it without any problems! (at about 80mph too!)
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

Working...
              X