Carbureted 1.3L questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbureted 1.3L questions

I have a '90 Festiva L (carb version). I'm replacing the engine with what was originally an EFI engine, however I am keeping the old carb & intake, as well as the old distributor (plus the engine can with a 5-speed so I'm losing the old 4-speed.)
    1. There are two vacuum lines running from the vacuum spark advance diaphragm. According to the svc manual, one of these runs to the intake manifold and the other runs to the "carb spark port"... well... nowhere else in the book can I find anything pointing to the "carb spark port"... anybody know which one of the bazillion terminals this thing is?
    2. I was planning to keep the alternator but I've learned that the connectors are different. Can anyone tell me the difference in the wiring between the alternators?
    3. Has anyone out there successfully replaced the carb on these things with another without all the vacuum lines everywhere (Weber, Carter, etc?) How'd that turn out?
    4. What about aftermarket ignition systems? Any of those out there? I would like to completely get rid of all the old electronics on this thing if I can. (Rodents have done their job under the hood...) Heck, at this point, I would entertain rigging in a set of points in the distributor...
Working...
X