Calgary area macine shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calgary area macine shops

I need to have my flywheel resurfaced. Can anyone in the Calgary area recommend a good machine shop?

Thanks.

Sent from somewhere west of here!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Best finish is achieved with a Blanchard grind. I tried Canpages, but could not find anything in Calgary.

Comment

I tried to have a Festy flywheel resurfaced in Ottawa 4 years ago and no one (that I contacted) would do it. Something to do with the pegs that are in the way.

Comment

Calgary area macine shops

There's a pretty good machine shop next door to my work, but I'm on the wrong side of the country to help and I don't have a spare stock flywheel to offer as a core

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I have the FMS lightened flywheel so hopefully that won't be an issue. I'll keep you posted on my quest.
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
          X