Rebuilt head cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilt head cost

Ive got an extra 1.3 head I was thinking about getting rebuilt. Its probably ok, but Id hate to take a chance and install it or sell it without knowing. Does anyone have any idea what it would cost to have it rebuilt?
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Just try calling a few machine shops in your area to get a ballpark idea
    Paul
    91GL
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

what exactly are you looking to get done? i had mine shaved down when it got warped for 15 bucks. i also got valve seals done another time, parts and labor was around 20...its relatively cheep unless you want yours cleaned and pollished or whatever
      90 L FI..second B3
      90 L Parts car
      Jay

Comment

A couple years back I got quoted $60 to have isuzu head cleaned, and new valves put in. the head was warped so he only charged me $20, but that head was CLEAN.
        The Festiva Store
        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I called a local machine shop today. You guys are spot on. Milling was $25.00 I think my best bet is to get it pressure tested. They owner said that would cost $30 if I removed the rockers arm, cam etc. Otherwise it would cost $60. Ill let them do it. Might have them inspect it fully and give me a opinion on it while they are doing it. I think he said a complete rebuild would be $160 with me buying the parts. He also said to buy the head gasket kit with the valves seats included as it would be cheaper than buying them separate?? Communication was getting fuzzy at that point and I was short on time. Maybe total rebuild for < $300.00 assuming cam, rockers arms, springs, and so on aren't damaged
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
          X