No announcement yet.

Stubborn to Idle with Clutch In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disconnect the IAC and see if there is a change....if not, that would be the culprit.

--Russ
    Owner: Roo-Sport.com
    Home of the "Super Roo"

Comment

Isn't there some kind of position sensor in the dizzy? My Brother has a 300I6 EFI in his F150 that acted similar. It was worse as it warmed up and got worse over time. I changed that sensor (PIP) and it ran perfect.
      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by CapriTypeR View Post
        Disconnect the IAC and see if there is a change....if not, that would be the culprit.

--Russ
        This I will check for sure tomorrow morning. Can the IAC's be disassembled on these cars? There's that 5mm Allen Key thing on top, but I've never fiddled with it to see what happens if trying to disassemble it. Perhaps it needs more than just a spray and pray with carb cleaner.

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
        Isn't there some kind of position sensor in the dizzy? My Brother has a 300I6 EFI in his F150 that acted similar. It was worse as it warmed up and got worse over time. I changed that sensor (PIP) and it ran perfect.
        This I don't know, but I'd like to.

I found an unmetered air leak on the piping between the VAF and turbo compressor. Now she idles amazingly well... but only when the car is cold! After a couple minutes of driving, it does the stall dead thing again!
        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Solved! Timing was way out, FPR vacuum leak, and fuel filter leaking. Thanks all.

Comment

Haha....so did you actually tighten anything down after you dropped the motor in, or just throw a battery in it and go?
            LOL, just teasing you! I'm happy for you. I know how this stuff goes. There's always little annoying things that create problems. I alway say it will take twice as long and cost twice as much as you originally think. I salute your persistence and tenacity! I'm glad it was simple and nothing complicated or expensive.
            Last edited by blkfordsedan; 12-18-2012, 05:50 PM.
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
              Haha....so did you actually tighten anything down after you dropped the motor in, or just throw a battery in it and go?
              LOL, just teasing you! I'm happy for you. I know how this stuff goes. There's always little annoying things that create problems. I alway say it will take twice as long and cost twice as much as you originally think. I salute your persistence and tenacity! I'm glad it was simple and nothing complicated or expensive.
              Good question haha. Seems like anything I didn't replace or rebuild has become the weakest link time after time, but I'm glad too that she's finally running up to spec! Good mantra with the twice/twice mentality!

Comment

Working...
              X