Cylinder head....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder head....

Hello, the head on my 93GL truck-tiva cracked yesterday, i got a used head, had it milled, took the old one off and all that, all i need to know now is the torque specs for the head bolts and is someone has a picture diagram to show how the pulleys should be placed before the timing belt is installed. Thanks (sorry i didn't have time to use the forum search)
    blue flake 89L shaved hatch, Lowered, BP swap in progress, bobtail bumper, 5spd tranny, acura 5 spoke 15" wheels and fiberglass dash

torque specs as follows: start at the forward most CENTER bolt and torque to 30 lb. ft. (this is after they have all been put in FINGER tight), then move to the one right behind it and repeat. Move to the bolt to the right of the one you just did, then do the one directly in front of that. go 2 bolts to your LEFT and tighten to 30 (this is the one directly to the left of the first bolt you did...) basically, you're doing a spiral pattern starting in the forward center position and ending in the far left bolt.

repeat the pattern while torquing to 50 lb. ft. and then again to a final torque of 70 lb. ft.

for the timing cogs, place the crank at TDC with the notch of the crank cog in line with the pointer on the block. then put the 2 notches on the cam pulley at 12 and 3 o'clock (there are 2 pointers on the head to match these 2 notches. put the belt on the lower cog and pull it up so that the forward facing part of the belt is snug (don't rotate the engine while doing this) push the belt onto the cam pulley via the closest notches to where the pulley is positioned. if you have to move the cam a degree or two, that's ok. once the belt is on then firmly push in on the idler pulley and tighten the nut. THERE MUST BE SOME FREE PLAY IN THIS BELT or it can break prematurely.

that's ti, have fun
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
    X